Monday, March 1, 2010

MY SHOES- #16

I'm cheating a little in this installment of "MY SHOES," as these are not truly shoes at all. I think we would all agree though that slippers at least belong in the shoe family, right?

Anyway...Sarah bought these for me for my birthday back in January, and I love 'em!

I have had a warm spot in my heart for slippers ever since I was a little boy and my Mom used to knit me and my siblings a new pair sometimes for Christmas. Those slippers were really cool, Mom! Of course, being made of yarn, they wore out pretty quickly, but I really liked them. So when Sarah got me a pair of slippers for my birthday I was pretty stoked.

I think these slippers look kind of classy too- like you should wear them with real pajamas and a bathrobe as you step out in the morning to retrieve the paper from the sidewalk. They're great for puttering around the house on a lazy morning too. For some reason they kind of remind me of my great-uncle Don. I think he used to own a pair just like them. I like that too.

No comments: