Sunday, December 2, 2012

GHOSTS OF HAPPY DAY'S PAST

Earlier today I was taking a Happy Day Eve nap when I woke unexpectedly to the sound of clanking chains and horrible wailing. Terrified, I peaked out from underneath the covers and saw Jim Zorn and Jason Campbell shuffling into my room. They beckoned me to join them on a gurney, which magically elevated and flew out the window and back into the mists of time. With them as my guide we revisited all the Happy Days that have come before. It was horrible. After revisiting the Redskins' catastrophic loss to the Eagles in 2009 I collapsed sobbing onto my knees in front of Jason Campbell. I grabbed big handfuls of his jersey and as tears ran down into my beard I begged him to stop. Then all of a sudden, POOF, they were gone and I was left alone sobbing on my knees in front of the television.

The television!

I gazed in wonder at a message that Zorn had left for me, written with his finger in the dust on the television screen- "Redskins beat Giants, 23-17!"

From my house to yours, have a wonderful and victorious Happy Day!!!

No comments: