Saturday, October 16, 2010

BEARDS OF IDYLLWILD

Last night my Lucy-Goose was very sick. It was a long night, with much wretching and splattering into bowls. So 7:00 pm found me driving across town to fairway market where I would eventually drop $3.29 on a quantity of purple gatorade, which we, in my family, believe contains medicinal properties.
But before I could purchase said gatorade I bumped into a man outside fairway market who possessed a hoary beard of the finest quality! I think you will agree that it simply had to be photographed. Although I did not ask him to do so he struck a pose that he insisted would make him look like a viking (above).
This is his attempt at Santa Clause, likewise unsolicited.
Viking looking off the starboard side. Before returning to my nursing duties, with a sufficient supply of purple gatorade, I gave the good man a ride home. He was a good sport. 
Here is another snowey beard for you to enjoy. There is something about a well-kept, white beard that looks dignified. Am I right? This man, who was here at Camp Maranatha this weekend, advised me that he might have shaved once or twice, but otherwise has been bearded for the past thirty-three years.

1 comment:

Annie said...

The "Viking Pose" cracked me up!