Monday, October 25, 2010

NOT THIS YEAR

I took this picture on November 1, 2008, the morning after halloween. I had cleaned out my pants' pockets before tossing them into the dirty laundry, and this was the shameful evidence that emerged. Guilty on three counts, THEFT FROM A CHILD'S HALLOWEEN BASKET WITH INTENT TO CONSUME, CONSUMPTION OF STOLEN HALLOWEEN CANDY and, of course, GLUTTONY.

Well, it's not going to happen this year...even if the kids leave an Almond Joy unguarded. (Curse that devilish amalgam of chocolate and coconut!) I've decided to make some changes. No "Daddy Tax" will lighten their load this year. In fact, I will hereby pledge that no candy will pass my lips during the week before or following Halloween.

Josh Tate's gonna get healthy, and this is my first challenge.

4 comments:

al'xae said...

You can do it! Who needs dumb old candy anyway?

LeoLee said...

So glad the "Daddy Tax" is gone! Wooo

Annie said...

Yeah, Josh! I want you to know I've joined you. Or rather, made a similar promise to myself. I ate no candy the week before or after. Although I did cave and had a couple of chocolate covered pretzels that some darling temptor gave me for a present!
Other than that- clean!
For the good of our health, my knees, blood pressure!
Prevail my faithful son-in-law!

Annie said...

Whoops- tempter- sorry...