Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A WEEK!

It has been a while since I went a week without posting. Sheesh! I follow a number of blogs and the only thing I dislike more than prolonged dry spells between posts is when the authors suddenly reemerge only to post about how they haven't been posting enough. So I shouldn't do that, right? I post plenty, generally speaking, so I have nothing to apologize for, but I still feel the need for a mea culpa.

Let me explain, a number of factors have contributed to the lack of recent content here at the BFZ. First, it is summer time, and my job at Camp Maranatha has been very busy as a result. In addition to hosting hundreds of youth during any given week we also have a summer staff here on the grounds, which I often describe as a 24 hour youth group with an emphasis on service. If you knew the kind of awesome stuff that God has been doing in and through the ministry here at Maranatha you would not mind sacrificing the BFZ for it. Last week alone 21 kids asked Christ into their hearts! It is good to be invested in such a work. The second reason is that lady muse has entirely abandoned me lately. For weeks I have felt like so many dry sticks, and writing, which usually has a momentum all its own in my experience, has felt very uphill indeed. I have simply had nothing to say.

Ah well! Even though I still feel like so many dry sticks and I continue to have nothing to say I'm gonna resume posting just the same. Should be interesting.

VIVE LE BFZ!!!

No comments: