Tuesday, December 28, 2010

EDWARDS- AN EXCELLENT ANIMAL

I was so sorry to hear today that Edwards, my Mom's Chesapeak Bay retriever, died tragically after being hit by a car. I'm on record as saying that Edwards was the finest dog the Tate family has ever known. I'm sorry for your loss, Mom. It makes the heart a bigger target to be so emotionally invested in another creature, but that was an investment which reaped generous dividends for Edwards during his life. He was a lucky dog.

This too shall pass.

2 comments:

marlrini@gmail.com said...

please send my sympathy to your Mom, she is such a wonderful lady & its clear she loved him very much.

The Fredricksons: Brian, Britney, Salty, and Benji said...

Amen. It has been just over a month since we lost our (often spiteful) kitty. The words you sent to your mama are good ones. Time will heal the pain. We know this too well.