Tuesday, December 7, 2010

OVERHEARD with special BFZ correspondent Joel Tate

My brother, Joel, recently came out to CA with his whole family and on the return flight I tasked him with eavesdropping on his fellow travelers for the purposes of a special installment of OVERHEARD. Thanks, Joel. Great job!

"So afterwards the stewardess walks up to me and says 'You know, I think you're quite rude,' and I turn and say to her, "Yeah, well I think you're quite rude."
Middle aged man regaling his weary seat mate with a travel anecdote.

"So we just absolutely loaded up on almonds."
mid-western couple explaining to fellow travelers their reaction to the discovery that certain kinds of produce cost less in Southern California.

"I mean, it's a political satire! Why would they put Jack Black in it?"
Pretentious man complaining to his girlfriend about a billboard for "Gulliver's Travels" before he went back to his kindle where he was reading some book in Latin.

"That's Rush Limbaugh politics."
Traveler filing onto plane

1 comment:

annie said...

My favorite part is where you give the setting- especially the pretentious, latin-reading man!
Thanks for the entertainment!