Thursday, February 3, 2011

DEAR MR. PRESIDENT,

Greetings from Chico, CA!!! I am a big believer in top-down management. It's like I always say, "if you want to get something done you have to start at the top," and, you sir, are at the top. So I'm starting with you. Some might argue that I should begin by addressing my representative in congress or even the local city council, but I am firmly persuaded that this would only serve to waste my time and theirs. 

There is a debate raging across this nation, and I feel it is imperative that you, as our nation's leader, take a firm and unapolegtic stand. I am referring, of course, to the old couch vs. sofa debate. I am a couch person, and I feel that people who insist on referring to couches as sofas are frankly unamerican. Who do they think they are? In a spirit of deference to some older Americans, with whom I am pleased to be acquainted, I have occasionally called couches, "Davenports," but never sofa. Never!

If you would please consider directing the White House Staff and the nation's armed services to refrain from referring to couches as sofas I feel that it would go a long way towards persuading those backward pockets of the population to follow course. The weight of your example here cannot be underestimated. The nation is looking to you.

Thank you for entertaining my letter,

Respectfully,

Sharon Rose Paulson

4 comments:

sharon said...

whaaaaaaaaaaaa??????

marlrini@gmail.com said...

I say sofa all the time

Josh Tate said...

Well, apparently Rosie feels that is unAmerican and backwards of you, Marlene. No doubt, every time she hears you say "Sofa" she mutters something like "go back to Russia!" under her breath. I know, I know, it doesn't make sense, but you have to admire her passion. Uf nothing else at least she's not apathetic.

rosie. laughing with tears running down her face, said...

I heart you.