Tuesday, February 22, 2011

OVERHEARD

"She was a real Texas woman*, you know what I mean? That's what attracted me to her, but it was always the problem as well."
So said a man with a British accent who was not dressed in a seasonally appropriate way (T-shirt, shorts and sneakers sans socks. It's snowy here in the San Jacks!) to a second man who was carrying some lengths of Manzanita wood, which he had apparently harvested himself for some unknown purpose. This second man was dressed in a manner commensurate to current meteorological trends. Outside the Post Office, Idyllwild, CA.

*Strangely enough, after overhearing the above quote I continued down to Fairway Market where I observed a book in the "Leave a Book, Take a Book" bin entitled "Texas Woman." Sarah is not a Texas Woman, which is exactly what has always attracted me to her, but that is sometimes a problem as well. I was tempted to take "Texas Woman" home and give it a read in an effort to gain some insight into the Briton's situation, but its cover was pink and looked like a bodice-buster romance so I thought better of it. If any of you readers are interested in acquiring a copy of "Texas Woman" I'm willing to wager it's still there in the bin at Fairway. I would be willing to procure it for you and send it along free of charge by way of the U.S. postal service free if you so requested.

3 comments:

The Fredricksons: Brian, Britney, Salty, and Benji said...

I'm sad I didn't know about the "take one, leave one" bin while we lived there.

Oh, and I don't want that book. But thanks.

The Fredricksons: Brian, Britney, Salty, and Benji said...

Black licorice is foul. FOUL! That said, I do believe I once saw a soda with the flavor. I have no idea where though.

And lastly, we saw Beet Chips at Whole Foods yesterday. So tempting, and yet....we passed. Have you had beet chips?

Steve said...

Moxie is flavored with the licorice family. It is a soda that arouses strong passions.