Wednesday, February 23, 2011

THOUGHTS I HAD TODAY BUT DIDN'T SHARE WITH ANYBODY

1. I wonder if a bunch of feral humans would stink worse than chimps or gorillas. Sometimes I think the stink of an unwashed human is worse than an animal smell. I bet chimps stink pretty bad though.

2. Feral humans? There are some problems with that term. Who is tame? Who is controlled? There are plenty who don't heed God, parents, spouses or the law. I suppose such could be called feral. That doesn't speak to the issue of personal hygiene and the human stink though.

3. Khaddafi can't be as unhinged as he looks. Can he? How could such a man remain at the helm if he didn't have command of himself. There must be more to the man than appearances, but why does he choose to appear as he does? Is that a cape he's wearing?

4. Why are hotdog buns so awful? It's just way too much bread in proportion ot the amount of hotdog.

5. All of these cars used to be brand new. For a time all of these cars were the apples of their owners' eyes. Somebody went onto a lot and out of all the lines of cars they picked out that one. Unbelievable that all of these were once brand new.

11 comments:

Rocket Surgeon, Phd said...

I'm sure Johnny Depp is somewhere salivating over getting to portray Gadhafi someday....

And I've thought that about cars before too...and also that Hollywood studios must maintain entire fleets of period piece cars. They must have warehouses full of 'em and they must have a guy who makes sure they all run.

steve said...

The craziest thing about Qaddafi is that no two people in history have ever spelled his name the same way.

al'xae said...

You like licorice huh? Do you drink alcohol, maybe a little every now and then? Because I know some Yummy licorice flavored drinks... all of which are alcoholic.

al'xae said...

Oh and p.s. Steve; Gaddafi/Qaddafi whatever is always spelled crazy because it's really spelled معمر القذافي‎
and it's not so easy to agree on transliterations. Just FYI.

Josh Tate said...

Al'xae-
As a committed teetotaler I am unaware of the delicious world of licorice flavored potent-potables. If I ever reverse my personal policy on alcohol I will seek out said intoxicants at the first opportunity, but I think I will just hold out for a licorice soda or perhaps licorice flavored milk.

Steve-
The myriad variations on the spelling of his last name are simply amazing to behold. I'm glad you spoke to the eliphant in the room. I just witnessed three different spellings on CNN, MSNBC and FOX. Also there appears to be no agreement on his first name either- Muhammar, Muamar, etc... I have just taken to calling him "Peanut." I hope it catches on.

Josh Tate said...

I don't think a piece of bread is much of an improvement over a hotdog bun. It should be more of a form-fitting sleeve. A tasty sleeve! I still say, that an overhaul of the hotdog bun is long overdue.

steve said...

I knew about the transliteration problem, but I'd never seen it spelled out before. From now on, I'll just type معمر القذافي‎ and settle the issue!

The Fredricksons: Brian, Britney, Salty, and Benji said...

Licorice milk, really?! I gagged when I read that.

As for the hot dog vs bun issue, why don't you either get bigger hot dogs, or, per your last response, maybe wrap them in crescent rolls. Then you have more dog to bun. And it the roll/bun gets all warm and crisp on the outside. Yum!

Josh Tate said...

Making crescent rolls is too much work. I want to buy a package of buns, which are ready made and good to go, but there are no buns on the market that meet my high standards of excellence. I love hotdogs and I hate that there is no bun equal to the job. I might have to start a hotdog bun business. Tate's Buns. That would be a perfect name!

al'xae said...

Oh.. I almost forgot... Yogi makes a YUMMY "Egyptian Licorice" tea.

The Fredricksons: Brian, Britney, Salty, and Benji said...

Tate's Buns is quite catchy. I'm sure your wife agrees :)

We have these buns, yet to be eaten, that are called slims, or something. Have you seen them? There is this new line of bagels, rolls, and buns that are about half as thick. I want to say it's the Orowheat brand. Anyway, we are going to eat them this week after I make chili. So I'll let ya know what I think. But you might look for them at Stater's or Fairway (I am not, nor have I ever been, a Village Market fan). These buns might be just what you always wanted!