Wednesday, October 10, 2012

SHORT STORY IDEA

I read an article today about a man who tried to rob one dollar from a bank in an intentional effort to go to jail. This reminded me of an idea for a short story I had once and which I would still like to write someday if I ever have the time. In my story a group of homeless men living in a northern city decide that it would be better to go to jail than to continue living on the streets in the dead of winter. However, they decide that if they're gonna commit a crime they might as well go out in a blaze of glory. So they decide to do something big like robbing a bank. However, much to their surprise they accidentally get away with it. Most of the story would document the ensuing moral dilemma for them. Their original intent was to go to jail where they would at least be guaranteed a bed and three square meals a day, but when they accidentally succeed in their heist they don't know what to do about the money. I think it would be a good story. Maybe someday I will put pen to paper. I need a catchy title.

No comments: