Sunday, July 11, 2010

OVERHEARD

"Oh, don't tell me that stuff. It makes me too sad. I just can't stand hearing stories like that. It's disturbing, ya know?"
In front of the BBVA Compass bank- Idyllwild- Middle aged woman who was walking an obese dog and speaking to a man who was relating a tale about a child molester he had known.

"Like I said, I slid off the road and hit a tree with the car, and when I called Gary to tell him about it, do you know what he asked me? He actually asked me what kind of tree I hit. What kind of tree! Can you believe that? Not, 'Are you okay? Ya know? What kind of tree!"
Forest Lumber Hardware Store- Idyllwild- Elderly Woman purchasing a can of paint and some light bulbs and speaking to the man behind the counter.

1 comment:

The Fredricksons: Brian, Britney, Salty, and Benji said...

We hit a deer once. And the one person who stopped to see if we needed anything, his first question was "Is the deer ok? Where did it go?"

We were like "Who cares? look at my car!"

Some people. Geez.