Saturday, May 22, 2010

BIRTHDAY SEASON WAS ALSO DEER SEASON ONCE UPON A TIME

All four of our kids' birthdays are clustered in June (8th & 10th) and July (14th and 28th). I kind of like that. Coupled with our upcoming anniversary (June 16th), all of the birthdays make this time of the year seem more festive. Recently, on an unrelated quest, I dove deep into the Bummer-Free Zone's archives and found myself revisiting (and enjoying all over again) the great deer hunt of 2007- possibky the best birthday party concept I have ever personally experienced.

I thought some of you might enjoy revisiting it as well-

The Making of the deer

The Party

Sarah is a fanatic about observing birthdays. Mostly, she just likes getting together with people and having fun I think, and birthdays are a good excuse to do that, but she always pours an amount of energy and enthusiasm into birthdays that I find amazing. That was most on display in "the deer hunt" when Sarah organized and planned one of the coolest birthday parties ever for Bowden in the days immediately prior to giving birth to Jack, and then after having the baby came home and threw the party the next day.

It was madness! Madness, I tell you.

No comments: