Friday, May 14, 2010

THE PLAN

Sarah and I have the travel bug all of sudden, well at least I do (Sarah says she is sick of talking about it.), but we have this plan. Next year, June 2011, we will have been married for ten years, and we have had it in our minds to do something really big to celebrate it- kind of a second honeymoon (or in our case more of a first). We are not people of means, never have been, and we haven't been able to go abroad much, but by golly, we've resolved to squirrel away what money we can and make this happen for our tenth. We really want to go somewhere exotic, just the two of us, no kids, but I wanna get it right. Every year we take turns planning our anniversary- last year was my year, this year is Sarah's turn, and 2011 is mine to plan. I need some suggestions. Where should we go? Where would you go?

9 comments:

sarah said...

I'd go here.

Josh Tate said...

Bora Bora. Alright.

The Fredricksons: Brian, Britney, Salty, and Benji said...

Puerto Rico. You don't need passports as it's US Territory.

Also, I hear Napa is quite lovely ;)

Griffen said...

I thought it was settled? Come on now - suggestion box CLOSED.

MomZup said...

Take a cruise! I am all for it! Alaska might be nice! Water won't be quite as blue.

sharon said...

Zanzibar....

Joel Tom Tate said...

We will be celebrating our 15th anniversary next June. We want to take a cruise to Alaska in July 2011(as Mom knows). Our plan was to drive out to CA, drop off our kids in Idyllwild and pick up a cruise ship in Seattle. We have the travel bug as well. This is the reason for my job in the fall to pay for such trip.
Great minds think a like.

Griffen said...

Thank you Sharon.

Rocket Surgeon, Phd said...

Da Philippines, buddy. Money go long way in da Philippines, buddy.