Sunday, May 30, 2010

LIVING LIFE ON THE RECORD- 5/23-5/29

Just the facts. My week in review.

Sunday- Unseasonably cool day. It began to snow just as church was beginning and continued off an on for the next hour or so. Invited the Oliviers over for dinner on Monday night. After church Sarah, the kids and I joined the Bayers, Marin (and her two kids), Scott and Mark over at Arriba’s for lunch. Took a long nap in the afternoon. Sarah and I watched the series finale of “Lost” before bed.

Monday- Cool again today. Sarah and Jack accompanied Lucy on a pre-school field trip to the county park, and with Bowden in school as well, Miles and I were left at home alone for the most of the morning. Sarah took a long nap in the afternoon. I cleaned the house before the Oliviers came over at 6:30pm for dinner- three cheese penne. Oliviers hung out and talked until around 9:30pm.

Tuesday- Still unseasonably cool but getting warmer. Lucy and I went on a daddy-daughter date over my lunch break. At her request I dressed in a suit and wore cologne. We went to Café Aroma for lunch and then got shaved ices from the Candy Cupboard, which we ate down by Strawberry Creek. The Bayers came by to pick up Sarah at 4:15 to go up to Camp Alandale to pick up the vegetable co-op order. Sarah ended up inviting them and Lisa to dinner- barbecue chicken. Spoke briefly with John on the telephone in the afternoon. After dinner. Lisa went home and we hung out with the Bayers until 10:30pm. Did coursework until 11:30. Went to bed at Midnight.

Wednesday- Weather much the same as yesterday, cool but sunny. Marin came over in the morning and spent most of the day with Sarah, staying through dinner- quiche. After dinner, we loaded up the kids and headed over to the church for the annual Awanas award ceremony. Fell asleep in the reading chair in kid’s room while I was putting them to bed. Did no coursework.

Thursday- Overcast and chilly with sporadic sprinkling in the morning. Out the door at six am for my weekly Father’s group at the Idyllwild Inn. The kids are out of school for a five-day memorial weekend beginning today. Sarah took all four kids down to Hemet with her to load up on necessaries. They returned with new pairs of shoes for all the kids. The first of our three Memorial day weekend groups arrived at the camp in the evening. Dinner in the dining hall- Orange Chicken. Nanny arrived as I was putting the kids to bed. She and Sarah will be taking them to Legoland tomorrow morning and Nanny intends to stay through the weekend. Drank some coffee and stayed up until midnight doing coursework. Still jittery from the coffee so I went for a walk before going to bed at 1:30am.

Friday- Cool day- never climbed out of the 60’s all day. Sarah and Nanny loaded up the kids and left for Legoland after breakfast. After dinner- roast beef- I took advantage of the kids being gone by getting some coursework out of the way earlier in the day than normal. Sarah et al returned from Legoland at about 9:00pm. After being thoroughly briefed on the Legoland adventure I went to bed at 11:00pm

Saturday- Warmest day all week with plenty of sun. Nanny and Sarah left with the kids in the morning to look around at the various memorial day weekend yard sales. They ate lunch in town before coming back to the house in the mid-afternoon. Sarah bought a chair for $10.00 to replace one that is falling apart in our living room. Busy day at work. Saw a coyote lope across the ball field just before lunch. Unintentionally fell asleep in the reading chair while putting the kids to sleep- woke up at 11:00 pm and forced myself to complete the coursework I had resolved earlier in the day to do. Fortified myself with caffeine before getting to work. Wrapped up the day at 2:30 am.

1 comment:

The Fredricksons: Brian, Britney, Salty, and Benji said...

I thoroughly enjoyed this. Steve and Becky just left our house an hour ago, so this little recap of your life made me feel like I'm still a part of it. Thanks. It warmed my aching soul.

Separately, I found it interesting that you made sure to tell us what was for dinner each night, but not what your other meals were. what can I derive from that info, I'm not yet sure.