Friday, April 23, 2010

BFZ PRODUCT ENDORSEMENT

Recently, a Korean man I had just met asked me if I wanted to try some "Korean coffee," and I declined because I had just poured myself a cup of non-Korean coffee, but the man's sister, who had been listening, would not be denied. She brought me a styrofoam cup steaming and brimful with the stuff. The man explained to me that it comes in these little packets, some sort of instant coffee, with creamer pre-mixed inside. Much of the information on the reverse was written in Korean.

"You just pour two packets into a mug, add water, and BAM you have coffee," he instructed.

Feeling slightly ethnocentric and provincial for having turned it down in the first place I gave it a sip, and found it to be delicious in a superior sort of way. Certainly worthy of the coveted BFZ endorsement. Thanks Koreans!

"That is some good coffee," I said as the pushy sister pressed six of the packets into my hand.

"Oh, you didn't have to do that."

I'm glad she did though. I gotta figure out where to buy this stuff. There are no Korean markets here in Idyllwild.

7 comments:

Joel Tom Tate said...

Unfortunately Maxim, like soylent green, is people.

The Fredricksons: Brian, Britney, Salty, and Benji said...

Katie will be so proud when she reads this!

lisa d said...

I'm a little out of breath from laughing at "thanks Koreans!".

Beth said...

I agree. Laughed out loud at "Thanks Koreans!"

Lucas Dunn said...

it seems point less to have to add two. why not just make one with two packets in it, that makes sense right just saying.

sharon said...

Not only did I laugh at loud at "thanks Korens" but also still laughing at that HILARIOUS picture you have on top... hilarious.

Dylan, Katie, Ada, Nellie and Moses said...

Don't you wish that you had tried harder to persuade us to stay? Us Koreans stick together with that kind of information...