Wednesday, April 21, 2010

"GASP!!!"

Franklin Graham, noted Christian evangelist and son of Billy Graham, recently had the temerity to characterize Islam as "evil," and is now feeling the oprobrium from our society. I'm not surprised. Our culture today is not homogenous in any respect, and though I believe we ought to respect a diversity of perspective in the public forum, we need not be ashamed of our perspective either. Did they forget what Franklin Graham does for a living? He's a Christian evangelist! That means he is in the truth business. Our culture would have us strive toward inoffensiveness, but Christ and the truth of which he testified will always be offensive to some. Compromise on Christ? Should Graham have buried the pill of truth in the jelly of benign generalities so that it would go down unnoticed by the listener? Like a secret code word for the faithful, but not overt enough to stir debate in an unbeliever's heart. The great question of each man's heart is who is Jesus, and what is His significance? Islam is a rival suitor. It is opposed to Christ.

Is Islam evil? Yes. All that is opposed to Christ is evil. I was once evil, but through Christ and his sacrifice on the cross I have been made righteous. I can claim no righteousness of my own though. I stand on the perfect righteousness of Christ alone. I wear his righteousness like a robe.

Are muslims evil? No more than I once was. They're in bondage. My heart breaks for them.

Fly your colors without shame, Mr Graham.

3 comments:

marlrini@gmail.com said...

Well spoken brother! I stand too.

MomZup said...

Absolutely wonderful post. I commend you Joshua for this post.

The Fredricksons: Brian, Britney, Salty, and Benji said...

This is very well said, Mr. Tate. Very well said indeed.