Saturday, June 19, 2010

GOING OUT WITH TOMORROW'S MAIL

Dear President Obama,

I feel that the "e" at the beginning of "eleven" is a little superfluous, don't you? I'm sure you will agree that it would flow better if if we all agreed to drop the "e" and just pronounce it as "leven," as in "...ten, leven, twelve..." I would appreciate whatever help you could render in garnering broader support for my idea among English speakers around the globe.

Thank you for your kind attention to this matter,

Janet Tate

4 comments:

MomZup said...

You get the Goober Award for this one! You know two can play at this game. . .who is watching your back???

Josh Tate said...

Are you threatening me?

The Fredricksons: Brian, Britney, Salty, and Benji said...

fight, fight, fight!

The Sauce said...

"Lisa, Edwards may LIE down, but he won't LAY down. Welcome to the family."