Tuesday, June 29, 2010

LA JOIE DE VIVRE

I enjoyed a crackling fire in my office this morning.
During one of those first Christmas seasons that Sarah and I spent as man and wife I was telling Sarah that I wished we had a fireplace in our apartment. So many of my childhood Christmas memories had taken place around a fireplace- plus I would have loved watching a fire through the long Vermont winter. She surprised me with this VHS cassette which is a half hour long and depicts a merry, crackling fire. I recently dug it out, dusted it off, and took it down to my office which it has singlehandedly transformed into a much cozier place. Several times a day I reach over, press play, and voila! my office is totally transformed.


Lisa did complain today that my fire was a little "too loud," but I think she is really secretly kinda jealous. I told her she was welcome to come in and warm up by the fire if she got a little cold, but she just gave me a look. She's definitely jealous. Don't deny it, Lisa.

7 comments:

lisa d said...

Anger!

It was totally too loud, and that...is a bummer.

The Sauce said...

Not the place for it then, ma'am. Not in this zone.

You were sincere twice today by my book, 'member?!

The Fredricksons: Brian, Britney, Salty, and Benji said...

A thought: if you tagged your posts with what segment they are from, then add a gadget on the side that links all the topics together. Then people can say "I want to read all the 'objects that predate the merger' posts, and click that link. And Bam!

Just a thought, though. It would make it largely more convenient for your followers.

Josh Tate said...

I will definitely do that, but it will require quite a bit of time to go back through the archives. Plus it is complicated by the fact that I changed my blog address at the start fo this year. Can I tag posts from my last blog address in such a way that they cho up here?

The Fredricksons: Brian, Britney, Salty, and Benji said...

Didn't I comment on this earlier? Where did it go?

To summarize, no, I don't think you can tab from your old blog, sadly. But, if I were you, I'd only go back a few months, otherwise it'll take days to go back and tag all of them. Trust me. I didn't tag in the beginning, so when I started, it took me awhile to go back.

sharon said...

I really feel hot when I read this post. I sweat. I'm hot. Turn down the fire.

MomZup said...

I'm sensing the problem might stem from the fact that you refer to this cozy work space with faux fireplace as "my office" when in fact it would appear that you share said office with others and it would appear, not well.