Saturday, June 19, 2010

LIVING LIFE ON THE RECORD- 6/13-6/19

Just the facts. My week in review.

SUNDAY- Warm and sunny day for the most part. Last day of camp out at Hurkey Creek. Packed up, collapsed the tent, loaded up the van, and after lunch we all pulled out for home. Took a long nap in the afternoon while Sarah and Miles went with Lisa to a High School graduation party for Taylor Dravenstatt, one of the kids from church. Bagel sandwiches with lunch meat for dinner. Three hours of coursework. Went to bed at 1:00 am.

Monday- Warm and sunny. Sarah got up with the kids and let me sleep in. Productive day off- between Sarah and I we got a lot of work done around the house. Talked with Joel and Christine briefly in the afternoon. Scraped up enough loose money from around the house to take the family out to dollar taco night at Arribas- three chicken tacos with a diet coke for dinner. Shortly after 9:00 pm Sarah and I felt an earthquake followed by smaller aftershocks. Did several hours of coursework at night before going to bed at 1:30 am.

TUESDAY- Warm and sunny. Sarah handed Miles off to me at 6:00am. Took him downstairs and watched Portugal vs. Ivory Coast in the World Cup. He fell back asleep as I was holding him, but I couldn’t do the same for some reason. I just sat there feeling exhausted, but not able to go back to sleep. The kids woke up and joined me downstairs in front of the TV. When I turned off the TV the score was still 0-0. Lucy begged me for a felt board story before going to work so I obliged. I have a hard time saying no to my kids when they beg to hear Bible stories. After baby Moses was pulled from the Nile and returned to his Mother’s breast I made some coffee and headed out to work. Came home for lunch at noon and watched Brazil vs. N. Korea in the World Cup. Marin and her girls were over visiting and stayed for lunch. Score was 2-0 in Brazil’s favor when I went back to work. Came home from work at 4:45pm. Fried chicken with linguine and artichokes for dinner. Fell asleep while putting the kids to bed. Woke up at 10:30 staggered down the hall to my own bed and fell back to sleep.

Wednesday- Warm and sunny. Our ninth wedding anniversary!!! Woke up at 6:30 and lay in bed for 15 minutes before heading downstairs to make breakfast- crepes with nutella for Sarah. After making breakfast and doing the dishes I headed out to work. Sarah and I celebrated the day by taking the family out to eat at the Greek Place restaurant for lunch. After lunch I returned to work for a while. Chef Salad for dinner. Went to bed at 11:30.

THURSDAY- Got up with Miles at 6:15, but I gave him back at 6:45 as I had arranged to meet Rey Reyes for breakfast at the Red Kettle by 7:00. Back by 8:45 and out the door for work by 9:00. Warm, sunny day. Sarah took the kids and met Marin and her girls for a play time at the County Park. Then they spontaneously tagged along with Sarah to do some grocery shopping and such off the hill. I worked until 5:00pm and Sarah got back home at approximately 6:00pm. Bowden got another fish to replace the late “Bowden Junior” who died two days after his birthday. Cereal for dinner.

FRIDAY- Woke up at 6:30 with Miles and watched the U.S. vs. Slovenia in the World Cup before heading out to work. They tied 2-2 after the Americans came back from 0-2 hole after the first half. The U.S. should have won outright, but a horrible call took away a game winning goal late in the second half. Warm, sunny day. Wrapped up the day with the annual beginning-of-summer staff dinner at the Shirley's house- smoked meat, salad, potatoes, and brownies.

SATURDAY- Cooler day, but plenty of sun. Productive day at work. Sarah prepared a very ambitious picnic lunch which we ate on the front lawn. Chinese food for dinner. Several hours of coursework before bed.

THE WEEKLY STAT

# of times I did the dishes this week- 9

1 comment:

The Fredricksons: Brian, Britney, Salty, and Benji said...

I am seeing an increase in the times you are able to get some coursework done. That's good. I know how hard it is to muster up the energy to do it. Add to that 4 kiddos, and you have your work cut out for you. But I have faith! You can do it! Stay strong!