Tuesday, June 15, 2010

OBJECTS THAT PREDATE THE MERGER

In this installment of "OBJECTS THAT PREDATE THE MERGER" I am giving you a two for the price of one deal. Both the laundry bag and the t-shirt I am wearing predate June 16, 2001 when Sarah and I tied the knot. The t-shirt was from an intramural basketball team I was a part of in college. Our team was named "California Dreams" after the television series of the same name. That was an awesome show. We had t-shirts made with the logo on it. Believe you me it was intimidating. I wonder if any of my old teammates are still rockin' the California dreams shirt.
This laundry bag has been in my possession since I was a teenager. My Mom made it for me and it has served me well through several summers on staff at Camp Maranatha as teenager, through four years of college, bachelorhood, and even now it continues to get regular use. It has held up phenomenally well over the years. My Mom made it to last. Someday I intend to tearfully hand it over to Bowden as he strikes out on his own.

6 comments:

Dylan, Katie, Ada, Nellie and Moses said...

I LOVED California Dreams! Eat that Saved By The Bell!

MomZup said...

It would appear that I should have made you a larger laundry bag! Maybe if your clothes were smaller. . .I am just saying.

Steve said...

I still have my Dreams shirt...

The Fredricksons: Brian, Britney, Salty, and Benji said...

I loved California Dreams! And, I also love "Objects that predate the merger." Add it to the list of my top faves. You haven't done one in awhile, I kinda forgot about it.

Anonymous said...

California Dreams was awesome! Surf dudes with attitudes...

sarah said...

Did yo momma just call you FAT!?