Tuesday, January 25, 2011

EVERY NIGHT I FALL ASLEEP ON A QUEEN SIZE BED BUT I WAKE UP ON A WINDOW SILL

Jack's future wife, whoever and wherever you are, I want you to know that I have begun training your future husband on how to share a bed.
Jack is the only child of ours who still finds his way into our bed on a nightly basis. That kid is all elbows and knees. Usually I am just too tired to take him back so I let him settle in next to me. It's a bad idea, I know, but laziness/sleepiness dulls my good judgment and at two in the morning I'm inclined to compromise with the little tyrant. If I do show some backbone and take him back he will most likely cry and throw a fit, which could wake up the baby, and I definitely don't have the energy or patience for that, but if I allow him to continue climbing into our bed I will also end up losing sleep. I hope Jack's future wife appreciates this.

No comments: