Saturday, January 15, 2011

FOOD FOR THOUGHT

I am oppoosed to using the word "loaf" to describe a food item other than bread. "Meat Loaf" is a gross name. Say it out loud like you are hearing it for the first time- "Meat loaf." Blechhhh! And I like eating the stuff! Meat loaf is delicious, especially with a little ketchup. I just wish it were called something else like...um...let's see... maybe meat cake...no that's still gross...um...maybe meat log...nope. I'll have to get back to you on an alternative name, but allow me to illustrate my point further- try this on, "Noodle Loaf," "Egg Loaf," "Fish Loaf." Disgusting. "Loaf" itself is kind of a gross name if you think about it.

3 comments:

al'xae said...

Chocolate loaf... Whiskey loaf... sugar loaf... yea, I see what you mean.

Rocket Surgeon, Phd said...

I could do Meatstone.

And as far as renaming foods is concerned I still maintain ranch dressing should be called American.

There's French, Greek, Caesar, Italian, Russian.

We're America!
We need our own dressing.

Annie said...

I don't know, I sort of like loaf. It's comfortable and relaxed. But that's because I've just been thinking about lumbered.
Meat lumber? Nah, that doesn't work either.
I"m done loafing here!