Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

2010 is in the books, and the official numbers are in. I only posted 254 times in 2010. Pretty weak, right? That's the least I have ever posted in the five years I have been blogging but all in all it wasn't a bad body of work. There were some meomorable moments in there, no? Who can ever forget the birth of the sleeping club, or when I showcased my amazing bed-making skills through the medium of dance? Remember also the time I punched a man in the face, drank Korean instant coffee, and discussed a chipmunk's stinky booty with my straight-shooting son, Jack. That's not all, that's not even the tip of the iceberg, I also decapitated a dead deer for the purposes of an arts and crafts project. I interviewed my brother's girlfriend, Lisa McNerney. Oh, and remember when we explored the wonderful world of tents, walked the streets of idyllwild under the influence of caffeine, overheard snippets of conversation, concocted ideas for commercials, and photo-documented some of the finest beards to ever grace the San Jacinto mountains of Southern California. It was a lot of fun, but perhaps the best of all was the great debate over the importance of sex to a marriage.

As good as that was I think the BFZ can do even better. In 2011 I intend to break my personal posting record of 369 posts in a year (2009). So come by often. I hope to transform this sleepy little corner of the internet into a more happening place. Here's to 2011! Vive le Bummer-Free Zone!!!

No comments: