Friday, January 7, 2011

A MYSTERIOUS ZIP-DRIVE OF UNKNOWN ORIGIN

A couple of weeks ago my brother, John, presented me with a zip-drive, which he had found in the pocket of one of his coats. He couldn't recall how he had come into possession of said zip-drive, but advised me that it contained some pictures of my kids "and stuff." Clearly this collection of photographs appear to be Jobaic in origin, but John couldn't confirm anything about the zip-drive's pics. I enjoyed looking through them and thought some of you might as well.
Back in 2007, the whole family flew out to VT for some vacation. When we landed in Albany, NY we had the good fortune to happen onto Uncle Job who was making his way home from boot camp. It was a great, coincidental, small-world kind of moment. Job was trying to arrange for a rental car, but we just made room in ours and he rode with us from Albany the lake house in Benson. Here are the kids (sans Miles who was not yet part of the scene) with their sailor Uncle in the baggage claim in Albany.
Same vacation- all of the cousins except for Baby Jack on Rock Dundar down by the lake.



Lucy's baby curls.
Elisabeth.
Bowden is a skins fan.
This is my favorite picture of the bunch.
Rest easy, America. Job is on it.

Lucy was eating a chocolate covered, frozen banana.
Gracie.
Baby Jack on the persian rug out at the Lake House.
Bowden and me.

Sarah and me.
Les cousins.

The Lake House
Lucy asleep on the floor of the sleeping porch in 2007.
This picture was taken right before we left on that vacation in 2007. We had packed the car and changed the kids into their travel clothes, but then we decided that we had time for just one more short walk out the road before we left. Moths are drawn to flame like Little Lucy was drawn to puddles.
The VT Tate girls.

And just for good measure a photo of the old service master van that all of us Tate boys used to drive when we worked for Service master. Good times.

4 comments:

sarah said...

I took all of this pictures with my kids in them. Are they all from my blog? The only ones I didn't take are the ones of the Chittendon Tates and the van, and the ones with me, but those were taken with my camera.
Spooky. I have chills. Okay, not really.

Joel Tom Tate said...

Job took the ones of my girls and he gave the pic of the van to JTT for Christmas one year.

This is my guess . . . that this is a collection of pics from Job who had collected them for Christmas pictures and the ones from your blog he used on Mom's digital frame. Just a guess.

Beth said...

I love the picture of you and Sarah!

Also, the word verification is "hoofrah." That's just ridiculous.

Rocket Surgeon, Phd said...

It's clear I am the genesis of this collection but I do not remember how they came to be on a flashdrive and I cant conceive how it found its way into John's pocket.

But a fun walk down memory lane none-the-less.