Saturday, February 27, 2010

INTERPRETIVE DANCE

Inspired in no small measure by the figure skaters of this year's winter olympics, I have decided to start doing an occasional interpretive dance as a recurring feature here on the bummer-free zone. Who will be the first to guess correctly what activity I am attempting to represent through the medium of dance? Follow the link below to watch the video and then leave a comment with your guess. I'll give you a hint- it's not a seizure.

"Some folks dance cool, all angles and swaying hips
Sensual as all get out and in
Me, I'm a hick and I dance like one
I just kinda jump around and grin
I know a guy, he doesn't dance too much
But when he does, he gives everyone a thrill
You might run away or suck it up and stay
When he dances, Billy from the Hills"
Greg Brown (from the song BILLY FROM THE HILLS)

7 comments:

MomZup said...

No clue what you were doing but you have definitely improved as a dancer from the 7th grade dance I chaperoned at the Castleton Village School.

Beth said...

So hilarious. We have no idea what you were doing, but our official guess is making a pizza. There were a couple pizza-reminiscent moves in there...

Justin & Beth

Josh Tate said...

Good guess, but no. I was no making a pizza, but boy does Pizza sound good right now. Hmmm...Pizza!

marlrini@gmail.com said...

Easy!!! Making a bed! & I have never seen it done with such flair

marlrini@gmail.com said...

i already know I am right but I just wanted to add that you guys are ridiculous & I love it!

Josh Tate said...

Making a bed!!! Way to go Aunt Marlene! I'll have to make my next interpretive dance more of a challenge.

marlrini@gmail.com said...

I never would have guessed except for the telltale underhand tuck in.
Then I KNEW!