Monday, October 24, 2011

MOONLIGHT PIE

Near the edges of a moonlit meadow, I envisage a long table set beneath the spreading boughs of an ancient oak. Besides the moon overhead the only light is a nearby bon fire and a lantern hanging from a branch. On the table are rows of pies and around the table are my friends. At each elbow is a tall glass of milk. Between mouthfuls of pie, we talk of many things, and laughter clinks and  tinkles across the meadow, like ice cubes against the sides of a glass.

The next day's agenda includes nothing more than exploring the creek and procuring more pies.

2 comments:

marlrini@gmail.com said...

Hey Pie Eater,
you better get crackin on your posts or your never going to make your goal. I'm just saying...
:) Hope you had fun at the beach

Josh Tate said...

Don't I know it!!! You're so right. I had best get crackin'. Is this what authors feel like when they are approaching a deadline? Hmmm...I wonder.