Sunday, October 30, 2011

PROJECT FREE LUNCH


I’m still waiting to hear back from P.F. Changs, Chik-fil-A, and B.J.’s, but while we’re waiting on them I decided to scratch out an epistle in praise of Topper’s Pizza. I recently ate at a Topper’s  for the first time, and although the pizza itself wasn’t incredible, it was still better than average. What was really impressive to me was the facility itself. Their restaurant in Oxnard, CA is beautiful. With harbor views upstairs and down, brick walls throughout, a spacious, airy feel, and oversized, black and white photos from Oxnard’s yesteryear on the walls the ambiance was really awesome. Everything was shiny and brilliantly clean as well. I don’t know if all of their eateries are this beautiful, but the Topper’s Pizza in Oxnard is an exceedingly pleasant setting for wolfing down some pizza. I was fascinated by their touch screen soda fountain as well, which suggested flavor combinations not available elsewhere (The one downside to the touch-screen soda fountain was that it took longer to get your drink, which consequently resulted in long lines.) So although Toppers failed to knock California Pizza Kitchen off its perch atop my list of pizzerias there is much to celebrate about this discovery. I am a big fan of Topper's Pizza, and I have little doubt that I will be giving them more of my money in the years to come.

No comments: