Saturday, August 4, 2012

ARBITRARY INFERENCE

I do not hate gays. That is a fact.

I do, however, agree with Chick Fil-A's statements in support of the traditional view of marriage.

I am tired of being told that because I disagree with someone that I hate them. Facts not in evidence. Not only is it factually incorrect, it is more than that, it is bullying- a practice which the LGBT crowd claims to deplore.

Ah well! If we Christians are gonna hang our shingle in the market place of ideas we'll have to grow a thicker skin I guess. We can't waste our time wringing our hands and complaining about unfair treatment.

We must do our best to speak the truth with love. This is what it means to be salt and light.

Rick Warren says it better than I do.

"Our culture has accepted two huge lies: The first is that if you disagree with someone's lifestyle, you must fear them or hate them. The second is that to love someone means you agree with everything they believe or do. Both are nonsense. You don't have to compromise convictions to be compassionate."

- Rick Warren

No comments: