Saturday, April 9, 2011

BEARDS OF IDYLLWILD

Most of the beards featured here at the BFZ are of the hoary, old-man variety but as I was cruising through town today I spied this specimen crossing Rt. 243 with his skateboard tucked under his arm, and accompanied by a pack of ne'er-do-wells and roustabouts. I was immediately struck by how his beard and hair lend the overall impression of a lion's mane to his visage. Aye, he is a noble beast. So I executed an immediate u-turn, and after explaining that I have a blog wherein I feature the beards of Idyllwild he immediately consented to have his hairy mug photographed. He was actually really cool about it. I must say though, as a long time studier of beards, that this particular specimen was a little odd in that it simply refused to have anything to do with the area around his mouth. It just kind of frames his face like a pink oval with a fuzzy, red border. This,  again, is very mane-like, but it does kind of make it look like it was possibly glued on- a fake- but I assure you it was not. He gave it a tug and ran his fingers through it as I prepared my camera. This ginger barba was the real McCoy.

2 comments:

LeoLee said...

He looks slightly like a kid I went to jr high with. Was Bradley Queen his name?

Josh Tate said...

I didn't get his name. I regretted that as I was driving away.