Monday, April 18, 2011

Choosier Moms Choose BFZ

I went to the same institute of higher learning as Josh where I studied communications...and turning in my senior project was the last time I ever used it. But I have retained an interest in some aspects of the art up to and including watching the show Mad Men - and I am that rare soul that takes pleasure in watching commercials.

In this capacity I can't imagine a tougher gig than coming up with a campaign for a gas station. First of all the nation's discontent and open contempt for the ever-soaring price of fuel makes the actual purchase of gas a painful process that we all try to do as little as possible. Also, I am not loyal to any particular brand save the one that is A.) cheapest or B.) closest when I have to pee.

But hats off to Marathon. Their commercial, albeit briefly, makes me want to hit up a gas station and then hit the open road. An interesting tack to take, aligning patriotism and all things "feel good" with the purchase of gas. I'm not foolish enough to think there's a direct correlation but if faced with a Marathon on one side of the street and a Mobil on the other I'd give Marathon the contract, even with a penny or two downside, every time. It's a good commercial.

I don't have direct authority to grant a BFZ product endorsement but while Josh is away I will push that envelope.



(...gotta love the little girl swimming through the firelight)

2 comments:

Josh Tate said...

Love it. Marathon has clearly bought into the BFZ philosophy on life.

Josh Tate said...

You're right as well. Selling gasoline sounds like a tough assignment for an advertiser.