Friday, April 8, 2011

STATE OF THE BLOG ADDRESS

Greetings fellow residents of the Bummer-Free Zone!

As I have stated previously, this blog lacks focus, or perhaps it would be more correct to say that this blog lacks a single focus. It seems to me that most of the blogs I frequent (With a few notable exceptions) have a singular purpose which lends continuity to its posts. Some are family blogs, others are devoted to Christianity, or politics or art, etc... Mine clearly has no such singularity of purpose, and as Vince Lombardi once said, "Success demands singleness of purpose." This blog has really just become a catch-all for whatever whimsies guide the tap, tap, tap of my keyboard on that day, and to be honest that kind of bothers me. This blog is rudderless. I feel like a cause would infuse the BFZ with purpose, increase its readership, and, frankly, justify the amount of time I spend blogging. Hmmm... I'll have to think about that some more. Any suggestions?

In other news, due to an impasse in the ongoing negotiations over the BFZ's 2011 budget a full blog shutdown has been threatened. The central issue seems to be funding for the World Bobberball Association, which currently represents 20% of the BFZ's total budget. Defenders of the WBA subsidy point out that roughly 70% of the budget goes toward the purchase of Diet Pepsi's, and that instead of defunding the WBA the amount spent on Diet Pepsi should be cut dramatically perhaps by changing to a generic diet cola. BFZ president, Josh Tate, has threatened to veto such a measure.

Lastly, the BFZ has assumed overall command of the operation in Lybia.

Good night.

5 comments:

Griffen said...

I don't know. I think the overarching theme is "A Day in the Head of Josh." And I like it. that's my vote. And as for the Bobberball Association Budget... you can spend whatever percentage you want - but it should be Diet COKE. There, I said it.

al'xae said...

I too like the head of Josh blog. (yea, I too have a rudderless blog so there's that.) I think it's like a good trail mix, sometimes there's more chocolate, sometimes more peanuts... and then sometimes you get something crazy like candied ginger... nom nom nom. Blogs are delicious.

MomZup said...

Good luck with the Libya venture!

The Fredricksons: Brian, Britney, Salty, and Benji said...

I totally agree with them! I look forward to reading your blog, precisely for the variety of topics and posts. I'm not opposed to you having a singular purpose, but perhaps you should create another blog for all that nonsense :)

Josh Tate said...

Thanks guys! I really wasn't fishing for compliments/affirmation, but thanks just the same.

Vive le BFZ!