Wednesday, December 28, 2011

2012 IS NEARLY UPON US

If 2011 were a crayon it would be worn down to a mere nubbin. If it were a fountain drink the straw would make strange slurping noises as it searched for flavor among the melting ice. If it were a cigarette you would need tweezers to smoke it. It is used up, faded, cracked, chipped, and worn. 2012, on the other hand, is shiny-new and still wrapped in its packaging of promise and potential. It has that new year smell. The New Year is pregnant with possibilities, isn't it? I'm excited for 2012.

Here are 12 predictions for the coming year-

1. Deaths- Billy Graham, Hugo Chavez, and Charlie Sheen.
2. Sasquatch discovered.
3. Redskins win the NFC east with a record of 11-5 but lose in the playoffs.
4. Mitt Romney wins the White House.
5. Pepsi prices go up.
6. BFZ posts fewer than 370 times.
7. In a bid to remain relevant Justin Bieber sheds his good guy image and tries to rebrand himself as an envelope-pushing bad boy.
8. My future comes into sharper focus.
9. The BFZ endorses the ESV bible and sales go through the roof.
10. In a bid to remain relevant Josh Tate sheds his good guy image and tries to rebrand himself as an envelope-pushing bad boy.
11. Sarah Tate decides she likes bad boys.
12. I will not throw up in 2012.

3 comments:

The Fredricksons: Brian, Britney, Salty, and Benji said...

WOW. I can't wait to see which of these turn out to be true. But I will say, you bummed me out with number one: Billy Graham's death.

You made some strong predictions here. I hope that 8 & 9 are simultaneous, otherwise the Tate home will be bummer-full.

BTW, what is the official vegetable of the BFZ? If you don't say beets, we're done here.

Josh Tate said...

Definitely beets, and for brother Billy to die is gain.

The Fredricksons: Brian, Britney, Salty, and Benji said...

Ah, Phillipians. I'm doing a book study with some gals from church. Hence my own recent blog posts. The short ones.

I hope you said beets because it is true, not because I threatened you. Either way, I'll take it.