Thursday, January 31, 2013

CHEER UP, MR. KIM!

My favorite show on TV right now is the Korean Drama Cheer Up, Mr. Kim! I was flipping through the channels one happy night when I landed on the Korean channel (KBS 44) and decided, since there was nothing else on, to see what Korean TV was like. I was instantly hooked. This show is amazing! It's on at 8:24 Monday through Friday.

First of all, Korean culture is fascinating. Second of all, the storylines are brilliantly crafted. Third, the acting is terrific, really top shelf. Fourth, it is very wholesome, and by that I don't mean just the absence of filth, but also the celebration of good stuff. Fifth, I thinking I'm learning Korean!!!

Of course, this is not the first time the Koreans have improved my life. You long time readers will remember my first experience with Korean coffee. Also my friend, Katie Dachtler (see link in side bar), is a Korean. Koreans only hold positive associations for me.

I'll admit that having to read subtitles can be a little distracting at times, but usually after a few minutes I forget they're even there. Hopefully by the end of this series I will have picked up enough Korean that I won't need to read them as much.

If you don't get KBS, you can watch the episodes online by going HERE. Check it out! I highly recommend it!

Anyung Hee Gasayo.

No comments: