Thursday, March 17, 2011

MY SHOES UPDATE

As you long-time followers of the BFZ already know I have been without a pair of flip-flops since last September, when my last pair gave up as I was giving a tour to a prospective guest group at work. It was a sad day.This has been the longest I have ever been without a pair of flip-flops since I began documenting the lives and adventures of my footwear here on the BFZ.
Well today a mysterious package arrived in the mail containing a single, perfect pair of flip-flops which I am wearing as I type by the way. Every breeze tickles the minute hairs atop my feet, which have been freed from the onerous and fetid confines of their shoe prisons. I love flip-flops. I hate socks. Let the feet breathe!

The only distressing thing is that the package gave no clues as to who might have sent the sandals- no return address, no little note, nothing... Every fiber of my being is screaming with a singular desire to call the sender of these beautiful flip-flops and thank them. I want to dispatch a "Thank You" letter, but alas the giver was anonymous so whoever you are, consider this an open letter to you in thanks for the flip-flops. I love them.
I am not a size thirteen, I am actually a size 10 1/2 or sometimes an 11, but I prefer to buy my sandals in bigger sizes because the way my feet wear sandals causes them to slip off the sides. So I actually tend to buy sandals in this size. The senders of these flip-flops somehow knew that, which makes me wonder if this was some kind of an inside job. Or maybe they just guessed and got lucky. Hmmm... sounds like one for the Hardy Boys- "The Case of the Mysterious Flip-Flops."
Thank You! (Whoever you are!!! I have my suspicions.)

2 comments:

Pink said...

Isn't there a postmark on the envelope? Seems there should be some sort of hint someplace on there. It sorta looks like Annie's handwriting to me. Hmmmm How fun! : )

Josh Tate said...

Pink- There was a zip code indicating where the package originated from. This leads to believe that my Mother-In-Law is not the culprit. I'm looking into other leads. I'll keep you posted.