Tuesday, March 29, 2011

OVERHEARD

"They say if you're in a hurry you should get out of Idyllwild."
Elderly man walking with the aid of a cane, who had held the door for numerous people outside of the Post Office before entering himself. He said the above quote in response to an elderly woman with hair dyed an unnatural reddish color who paused on her way inside to thank him. Post Office- Idyllwild, CA

"Nothing. I can't decide if that's good or bad."
Same elderly man commenting on his post office box, which he opened and found completely empty. Post Office- Idyllwild, CA

3 comments:

The Fredricksons: Brian, Britney, Salty, and Benji said...

I don't think airborne cures a cold, but based on my experience, and Brian also, if taken at the onset of symptoms, it does lessen the severity of the cold. Emergen-C has the same affect on me.

Josh Tate said...

How do you know if it lessens the severity? It may have been mild to begin with. You can keep giving them your money if you want to.

The Fredricksons: Brian, Britney, Salty, and Benji said...

I don't know it truly does that. But I do know I have a pretty good immune system. When the kids I watch get sick, and then Brian, and then my bosses all have it, I never do. A week ago, I am the only one who came down with a cold, not even Sawyer, with his immune system that runs at 30% capacity got it. And, I didn't have any emergen-c to take :( I prefer it to airborne. The fact that I am stick coughing is not entirely due to my lack of airborne/emergen-c consumption, but it is an odd coincidence.

BTW: melons and bell peppers have more vitamin c than oranges. And personally, I don't like to waste my money on multivitamins when I can just eat veggies and fruits. I'd rather spend 3-6 bucks once a year on my yearly cold, than the same amount of money monthly on vitamins. And also, I forget to take them everyday......