Thursday, March 31, 2011

OPENING DAY!

For reasons that remain mysterious to me I never evolved into a true sports fan. I love professional football of course, as you already know, but outside of World Cup soccer, the occasional Kentucky Derby, and a strange hockey phase I went through during college I never have cared much for sports in general. I have decided, as an exercise of the will and not truly of the heart, to give baseball a second look this season. I'm gonna try it on for size. Opening day has gone unobserved during all of the thirty-three years of my life, but today I feel strangely compelled to leave my status as a nominal Orioles fan behind and pursue a more enthusiastic posture toward their struggling organization. We'll call it a trial embrace. If the poor Washington, Redskins are any indication of what my support can do for a team then I need to apologize to the fine people of Baltimore and to the Orioles organization for publicly declaring my support for the team.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does Brooks Robinson still play for the Orioles?