Friday, March 4, 2011

OVERHEARD

"I've been through tornadoes and blizzards. H---, I've even been in a hurricane before, and I'll tell you what, give me earthquakes anyday. They're not fun, but it could be worse."
White male in his sixties, speaking in an inappropriately loud voice to three of his friends, who were likewise white males in their fifties and sixties. (editors note- One of the males dissented, claiming that earthquakes were the worst natural disaster. He was alone in his opinion however as the rest, including a waitress who chimed in, seemed to agree with the first man.) Jan's Red Kettle Restaurant- Idyllwild, CA

"She kicked him out of his own house. It's his name on the deed. He paid for it, but when it all hit the fan, he was the one sleeping in his truck. Now I'm sorry, but that's just not right. I would have told the judge to go (expletive deleted) himself!"
Same male as above, still speaking at an inappropriate volume, and still using inappropriate language, to his friends, who nodded in agreement as he spoke. Jan's Red kettle Restaurant- Idyllwild, CA

No comments: