Wednesday, September 7, 2011

MY OLD COLLEGE POST OFFICE BOX

 It has been a while since I sent anything back to my old College Post Office Box, but you long-time followers of the BFZ know that I periodically send things back to the current boxholder of CPO BOX 1666 (Whoever you are!!!) just to let them know that I care and that they belong to the great fellowship of box 1666. (If that "1" weren't on the front of that box number it would be the creepiest box number ever.) In the past I have sent feathers, a dollar bill, pine needles, twinkies, a license plate, and, once, an empty envelope...you know...stuff college students need.
 Recently I was cleaning one of the public restrooms here at good ol' Camp Maranatha when I found this piece of currency from Indonesia in the shower area. One look at the stearn, machete-hefting  visage of Kapitan Pattimura and I knew that the current boxholder of CPO BOX 1666 needed to have it.
 I have not yet done any research to learn how much money this bill represents, but such is my generous spirit that I sent it anyway. Consider it a scholarship, current boxholder.
You may also feel free to mail things to CPO BOX 1666.

The full address is:

Current Boxholder
CPO BOX 1666
Houghton College
Houghton, NY
14744

5 comments:

marlrini@gmail.com said...

people must thing you are so weird. Your randomness is one of the things I appreciate about you.

marlrini@gmail.com said...

Oh, I just read your post about zoo's & it cracked me up!!The wild got thing is hilarious... & the fake animal in the "lame exhibit" hahaha. You made my day!

marlrini@gmail.com said...

I meant the wild goat bit

Josh Tate said...

Well it is a little suspicious when roughly 20% of the exhibits have no animal visible in them at all.

Zoos are the worst, but I tag along for the kids (and for Sarah) because they LOVE them.

al'xae said...

Apparently (according to an online currency converter) you gift was worth about 11 US Cents.