Thursday, May 19, 2011

SEND ME YOUR OVERHEARDS

Yesterday I went to good ol' Post Office Box 618 and found this post-card from an anonymous BFZ reader, which contained a choice overheard from the Safeway parking lot in Carmel, CA. The context was two teenage bicycle enthusiasts in conversation as they passed through the parking lot on their bikes. One said to the other "Hey Dude! Put on a shirt! We're in Public."
Thanks for the post card. What a great idea. Although I feel reasonably certain that I know the identity of the post card's author, it was written anonymously so I won't out her publicly as the snoop and eavesdropper that she is. Nice work, anonymous. That was a fine piece of overhearing.

The post card got me thinking- How awesome would it be to receive overheards from all over the country  the world?

So send me your overheards on a post card, and I will share them with the world here at the BFZ. Don't forget to include the context as well as the quote.

Bummer-Free Zone
C/O Josh Tate
PO Box 618
Idyllwild, CA
92549

1 comment:

The Sauce said...

Love this. But I'm afraid the most outrageous stuff I (over)hear comes out of my own mouth. Please advise.