Wednesday, May 25, 2011

THOUGHTS I HAD TODAY BUT DIDN'T SHARE WITH ANYONE (until now)

1. I wonder if barbers feel weird about touching strangers heads all day long. I don't think I could be a barber.

2. If nausea could be cured by transferring the discomfort to a willing second party I wonder how much would be the going rate for such a service. Like for instance, if Mrs. Smith had a 24 hour bug and was spewing all over the place, and she called me up because I had a business where I took people's nausea onto myself, how much would I charge for helping her out? I think $100.00 would be fair. Maybe a couple thousand for a whole first-trimester.  I would do it for my family (and any of you) for free though. Seriously, I would. I bet I would get super good at being nauseous, and I'd lose tons of weight too!!! On my business card I would have a catchy motto. Maybe "DON'T CALL IN SICK. CALL JOSH." No, that's horrible! Hmm...let's see...what would be a good motto for a vomit guy. Maybe something cheeky like "YOU MAKE ME SICK!"

3. I like floor to ceiling windows and wide hallways.

6 comments:

The Fredricksons: Brian, Britney, Salty, and Benji said...

1. I am sure they feel better about their jobs and themselves than say, an oncologist, or whoever it is that checks prostates. or a gyno for that matter.

2. Like a sin eater. Taking on one's sins or ailments is not for the faint at heart. Neither is it for me. But more power to you for believing you might be up to the job.

3. I like to sit in the warmth of the sun in large windows.

steve said...

Hang on, commenter, you're "sure" that barbers "feel better about their jobs and themselves" than the doctors who cure cancer and help healthy babies be born? Huh. I guess those achievements pale in comparison to the timeless miracle of a really good updo.

Josh Tate said...

I know what Britney's saying. If I'm made uncomfortable by the idea of being in contact with stranger's heads all day how much worse would it be if I had to get all up and close and personal with a stranger's lady business. That is definitely not happening. I know for certain that Britney wasn't comparing the two professions in the way you took it.

Steve said...

I'm grateful that not everyone shares our squeamishness.

Josh Tate said...

Me too.

The Fredricksons: Brian, Britney, Salty, and Benji said...

Hahaa, no, I definitely didn't take it or mean it like that. I have absolutely no doubt that doctors who specialize in oncology or gynecology do so out of a genuine desire to help people. However, you have to assume that there are days when they didn't deliver a baby, or positively treat cancer. Those days are filled with finger-probing. You know it's true. On those days, I'm sure they'd rather be a barber :)